Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Decorating Fun


Yesterday was such a blast, I woke up excited as can be to decorate Kailani's room! Since she was born I've been trying to create a cute girly, vintage look, but I had failed so far. Well I went to Joann's and bought fabric for curtains and borrowed my mom for the day! lol We also went to Hobby lobby where I bought these cute hooks for the curtains and a cute light switch cover! It all turned out so cute, I originally thought I'd use green ribbon for the curtain, but the brown looked a lot better so we went with that. I also ended up painting her name to a lighter pink since they were hot pink before, and I was going to hang them on ribbon, but I didn't have enough of the right color, so I ended up just glueing ribbons on the actual letters!
Anyway I ended up finishing around 7 last night but I love how it came together.

I love this






My sister in law Nicole was also over last night and since we had the sewing machine, we decided to play with it and try to make some blankets! Little did we know we'd succeed, they came out looking really good for first timers! Luckily, Nicole has taken sewing classes and she kinda remembered certain things to do! lol Anyway here are the blankets we made and I even made a little burpy cloth, I think for now we've agreed on sticking to sewing in straight lines! lol

I loved this material & the bright colors!


pretty good I would say!

1 comment:

Seth and Cindy Teague said...

Hurray for you guys! You did good. Isn't sewing fun?!